Hints: Race for the Galaxy
Figuring out what to do for each puzzle:
The puzzles, in order, are:
- Common encodings, such as Braille
- Word Search
- Celebrity Identification
- Spot the Difference
- Word Square
- Multiple Choice Logic
- Cryptogram Word Search
Solving the puzzles more quickly:
Some tools and/or tips for each puzzle type:
- Common encodings: The encodings are Braille, Morse code, Pigpen, or Semaphore.
- Anagrams: Tools like the internet anagram server or nutrimatic can be useful.
- Dropquote: Regular expression solvers can be helpful. Over time the “answer phrases” like GREAT WORK should become more familiar.
- Cryptogram: Quipqiup can be useful.
- Word Search: Online word search solvers like dcode.fr can be helpful.
- Celebrity Identification: Reverse image search is helpful for those less familiar with celebrities.
- Spot the Difference: Parallelizing with multiple people can be helpful.
- Word Square: Regular expressions tools can be helpful here too.
- Multiple Choice Logic: Parallelizing with multiple people is helpful here.
- Cryptogram Word Search: Starting with long words with repeated letters is a good way to break in.
- Metapuzzle: These are all simple word operations such as diagonalization.